JOB DESCRIPTION JOB TITLE: Mental Health Therapist
STATUS: This is a part-time hourly position up to 15 hours per week to start. Potential for dental, vision, and health insurance coverage with minimum of 30-hour commitment after 90 days of continuous employment.
COMPANY: Wise Mind, LLC is an emerging and thriving private mental health practice. We are looking for individuals with strong interpersonal skills, ability to build rapport quickly, ability to communicate with compassion and empathy, and strong ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to join our expanding practice.
SUMMARY: The Mental Health Therapist is responsible to provide diagnostic assessments, therapy, and counseling and support services for a mixed caseload including adults, adolescents, and families experiencing mental health issues, communication challenges, or family conflict. The Mental Health Therapist will be familiar with other services and resources in the community and work closely with them to provide information and support when required.
- Establishes positive, trusting rapport with patients.
- Diagnoses and treats mental health disorders.
- Develops and implements individualized treatment plans according to clients’ needs and circumstances.
- Meets with clients regularly to provide individual, group, or family psychotherapy, or counseling and update/modify treatment plans, as necessary.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of treatment programs and clients' progress in resolving identified problems and moving towards defined objectives.
- Conducts ongoing assessments of patient progress.
- Involves and advises family members when appropriate.
- Refers patients to outside specialists or agencies when necessary.
- Maintains thorough records of patient meetings and progress.
- Follows all safety protocols and maintains client confidentiality.
- Facilitate at least one CEU workshop a month 90 days after hire.
- Act as a client advocate to coordinate required services or to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations.
- Contributes to practice by accomplishing related tasks as needed.
- Collaborate with staff, probation officers, law enforcement, and other interested parties to exchange necessary information during the treatment process.
- Facilitate discharge planning for clients.
- Provide collateral consultation as appropriate as well as court testimony as required.
- Submit billing and other related paperwork within 72 hours.
- Maintain all professional licensure(s) required and provide prompt cooperation with third party credentialing for billing purposes.
- Prepare and maintain all required treatment records and reports.
- Conduct activities related to compliance with federal and state laws related to mandated reporting, HIPPA, and the Data Privacy Act.
- Master’s degree in Counseling, Social Work or Psychology or another related field. Independent licensure as a LCSW-C, LCPC, LCSW, LCADC, LCMFT, PHD, PsyD.
- Preferred candidate with at least three years of providing diagnostic assessment experience and therapy services to a full range of individuals from youth through adulthood, addressing a wide variety of problems and disorders, in a multicultural setting.
- Must maintain professional licensure and/or certification throughout contract with this agency.
- Must be able to work flexible schedule including evenings and weekends on occasion.
- Must be free from alcohol and chemical dependency and must maintain this freedom for the full duration of your employment with the agency.
- Must have good written and oral communication skills and good organizational skills.
- Must maintain agency, coworker, and client confidentiality and abide by the Data Privacy Act and the Health Information Portability and Accountability Act.
- Must participate in and pass individual background check consisting of a: FBI Criminal Background Check, Maryland Criminal Background Check, Child Protective Service Clearance, Maryland Judiciary Clearance, Maryland Sex Offender Registry, references check, and license verification. Employee will be reimbursed for background check on first paycheck.
- Must complete CAQH profile, carry 1,000,000/3,000,000 liability insurance and keep license up to date to comply with insurance contracts.
- Must be willing to join insurance panels and undergo the credentialing process which may take up to several months. It is preferred that the candidate have prior approval for insurance companies.
- Must be candidates must be comfortable working remote, can manage technology to perform telehealth services, have high speed internet and access to a private environment or willing to come to the office once the location is open to provide telehealth services.
- Must be comfortable with using practice’s EMR (electronic medical record) or willing to learn.
- Must possess and maintain current CPR and First Aid Certification.
- Must participate in 2-hour orientation upon hire.
Work Hours & Benefits:
Work hours are flexible, but most client's prefer late afternoon and evening hours. The ability to work at least 2 evenings until 7pm is required.
- Receive free consultation and support from practice owner.
- Free clinical profile on the Wise Mind, LLC counseling services website.
- Administrative support so clinicians can spend more time seeing clients.
Starting at $28 - $35 per hour commensurate to experience, credentials, and education.
To be considered for the position applicants must submit copy of cover letter, and resume.