Wise Mind counselors implement effective psychotherapy methods to instill self-understanding among clients and encourage them to adopt new attitudes and feelings towards life situations. It is essential to keep in mind that therapy is not a magic pill or a quick fix: therapy is a healing process that necessitates participation and investment from the patient and caretaker alike. But in the end, making small changes to self-defeating behavior and coping with feelings of sadness, fear, and pain can bring life-altering results.
Here at Wise Mind, we use cognitive behavioral techniques. Cognitive behavioral techniques focus on thoughts, emotions/feelings, and behaviors/actions. While cognitive behavioral approaches can be effective for a variety of conditions including depression and anxiety, it is not a good fit for everyone. Cognitive behavioral approaches require that clients complete homework assignments outside of sessions; that clients be open to following the therapists recommendations; that clients be involved in an action plan; and are able to be consistent with appointments.
WHO WE SERVE.
Wise Mind counselors provide individual and group counseling to adults and children ages 11-65 struggling with anxiety and/or depression issues.
The initial session is about 60 minutes, and follow-up sessions are 38-45 minutes. For your initial appointment, please remember to bring a valid photo ID, and a copy of your insurance card. If you have a co-payment, it is due at the time of your appointment.
With the exception of serious emergencies, it is expected that you keep all scheduled appointments. If you need to reschedule an appointment, please call the office and arrange for a make-up appointment within the same week. You will be charged an $80 no-show fee for cancelling an appointment without 24-hour notice or a no-show to a scheduled appointment. You will not be charged for appointments canceled by the therapist or because of holiday schedules. If you fail to show up for appointments (without calling) or if you cancel or reschedule more than 3 appointments in a 6-month period of time, then you may be discharged as a patient.
Although Wise Mind will always strive to protect our clients confidentiality, including their client records, there may be times where disclosure of your records or information shared with our therapists may be required to be disclosed by law. Wise Mind will never disclose any information pertaining to you without your prior written consent unless it is mandated or required by law.
If Wise Mind should ever receive any sort of demand, subpoena or court order for records or information pertaining to you, we will notify you in writing before any demand is met. Possible reasons for breaking confidentiality may include but are not limited to:
1. Abuse/Neglect. Child abuse or neglect, or neglect or abuse of vulnerable adults, disabled adults, and/or elderly adults is mandated by Maryland law to be reported;
2. Duty to Protect: Thoughts, plans, and/or intent to self-harm or harm others may be required to be disclosed;
3. Court Order: If Wise Mind receives a court order signed by a sitting judge demanding the release of records or information;
4. Regulatory and/or state and federal agencies, boards or committees: Release of information as obligated by orders received from state and local authorities and entities;
5. Supervision: If your therapist is under the supervision of a supervising Wise Mind clinician, records and/or information may be shared within Wise Mind between the supervisor and supervisee.
We accept most major insurance plans including, Carefirst Blue Cross Blue Shield, United Healthcare, Aetna, Cigna, Medicare, Medicaid (Medical Assistance), Cigna EAP, BHS EAP, and Wellspring EAP. We also accept all major credit cards, Flex Spending Accounts (FSA), and cash payments. You may be required to pay a co-payment, co-insurance or deductible. Clients are responsible for any amounts not covered by insurance.
The standard fee for the initial intake and assessment is $170.00 and each subsequent session is $130.00. You are responsible for paying at the time of your session unless prior arrangements have been made. Payment must be made by credit or cash, unless you are using your insurance. Any returned payments to our office are subject to an additional fee of up to $25.00. If you fail or refuse to pay the outstanding balance,Wise Mind reserves the right to terminate its relationship with you.
HOURLY RATES AND OTHER SERVICES
Hourly Rates shall be as follows (These services are not covered by insurance):
1. Phone Consultation: $30 per every hour;
2. Court Testimony: $300 per every hour (2 hrs min payable in advance);
3. Consultation: $50 per every hour (such as IEP meeting, record; review/correspondences);
4. Paperwork Completion: $ 15 per every fifteen minutes;
5. Medical Records Request: 75 cents per page for copies, plus postage and handling (if applicable).
CONTACTING WISE MIND.
As Wise Mind’s staff are often treating other clients, we may not immediately be available by telephone. Wise Mind clinical staff do not answer their phones while in session with clients. If you call Wise Mind and no one answers, you may leave a message on our voice mail and your call will be returned as soon as possible. Please note that it may take up to 48 hours for a return phone call for non-urgent matters. If you do not get a return call from us, we request you please follow up with us by phone.
If, however, you believe the matter is urgent and/or if you feel unable to keep yourself safe or you or someone else is in imminent danger, we ask you to take the following steps:
1) Contact Baltimore Crisis Response. If you live in Baltimore City--- adults 410-433-5255, children 410-433-5175. If you live in Baltimore County: 410-931-2214;
2) Go to your Local Hospital Emergency Room, and/or
3) Call 911 and let them know that you are experiencing a mental health emergency
SMOKING, DRUG AND ALCOHOL POLICY.
No smoking, vaping, illicit drug or alcohol use is allowed while in Wise Mind’s office(s) Health’s office(s). Client’s use of any of the above while in Wise Mind office(s) could lead to potential termination of services with Wise Mind.
2300 Garrison Blvd Ste 210
Baltimore, Maryland 21216
516 N Rolling Road, Suite 305
Catonsville, Maryland 21228
Monday & Friday 10 am- 7 pm
Tuesday 12 pm - 7 pm
Wednesday 3 pm - 7 pm
Thursday 12 pm - 7 pm
Saturday - By Appointment
Please contact us for hours of specific locations